Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Saturday 28 June 2014

Cardinal Rosales: Accept Christ 100%


From the Website of CBCP
links: http://www.cbcpnews.com/cbcpnews/?p=37552


Cardinal Rosales: Accept Christ 100%

 
PARAÑAQUE City, June 26, 2014—A prelate’s recent sermon centered on the duty of every faithful to accept Jesus in all His mysteries.

Addressing his audience in Filipino, he emphasized, “True Christians must accept the whole Christ, not just the Christ in glory, but also the Christ in His Passion.”

Gaudencio Cardinal Rosales (Photo: CBCP News)
Manila Archbishop Emeritus Gaudencio B. Cardinal Rosales, who was at the National Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help in Baclaran Sunday, June 22, to preside over its Corpus Christi mass, told devotees that they cannot ignore the “suffering, fallen, dead Christ”, and remain Christian.

“You want Christ’s blessings? By all means, receive His dark night of suffering,” he stressed.
According to Rosales, genuine love is acceptance, not discrimination.

He laments that many Christians only want “Christ the King, Jesus on a donkey triumphantly entering Jerusalem amid the crowd’s hosannas”, and the Christ who worked miracles, but shun “Christ in pain, Christ at His weakest, Christ at His most human”.


Rosales stressed that this should not be the case, given that it is not what the Lord bargained for.
Jesus, he explained, could not fully express God’s love in God’s language in a way understandable to humans, that is why he did so in human terms, using human symbols: body and blood, bread and wine.
Rosales asked, “You want Christ? You want life everlasting? Receive His Body and Blood.”
Quoting John 3:54, the prelate said, “Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.”

The passage continues, “For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me.” (Raymond A. Sebastián)



CBCP Website



Article links:

http://www.cbcpnews.com/cbcpnews/?p=37552



BIBLE LIGHTS PROMOTIONS OTHER WEBSITES



BIBLE LIGHTS PROMOTIONS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment


 

SOCIAL NETWORK

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail